Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

Thank you Debra Ann Miller for the award!
 
What is the Liebster Blog Award?

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite” so, this award is the “favorite blog award”.

Rules of the Liebster Blog Award:

- Tell 11 things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.

11 Random Things About Me

1.~ I am afraid of Spiders.
2. ~ I am a mother of twins.
3. ~ I am addicted to my kid's laughter.
4. ~ I don't like talking on the phone. Unless it's my husband, Mother or important. Cell phones are for texting and browsing the Internet. The home phone is for Telemarketers, whom I hang up on after wishing them good luck with the next call. (true, I feel for them) (bonus fact!)
5. ~ I like writing under the influence of wine.
6. ~ I like editing under the influence of coffee or Red Bull.
7. ~ When I paint my nails, my toe nails must match. Always.
8. ~ I very rarely watch scary movies.
9. ~ I live in Cyber Space, NY.
10. ~ I am fluent in Spanish, because....
11.~ I am half Spanish and half West-Indian.


Q & A Time

1 ~ What is your favorite genre of book?
 Oh, goodness. I really don't know that I have a favorite genre. I like Romance, Thrillers, YA, NA, Sci-fi, Chick Lit, Mysteries, etc, etc. You could say either: a) I don't discriminate against genres or b) I'm an all genre lover. ;)

2 ~ Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
Yes, a boy and a girl. What? My kids can't be my pets? Ok, then no. We had a cat whose name was Milo but because of allergies we had to give him away :(

3 ~ Do you have a day job? If so what is it?
At the moment I am a stay at home mom, a full time wife & a part-time writer that hates packing away laundry.

4 ~ What would be your dream vacation spot?
Anywhere, I'm desperate at the moment so any spot will do, you pick. But if you really don't want to help then I'd go with a cruise around the Caribbean.

5 ~ Who is your biggest supporter?
I have to chose one so I say my husband..., but I'll throw my Mom in there too for good measure.

6 ~ What is your biggest pet peeve?
Drivers not using their signals. It drives me crazy. I can't read minds you know, no matter how hard I try I really can't, so USE YOUR SIGNALS... thanksmuch.

7 ~ What books have most influenced your life?
The Color of Water by James McBride, I can't help but love that if you fight hard enough you can achieve anything. Even when race, gender, society, & your family is against you. I read it years ago when I was in H.S. and to this day it still inspires me.
Also, the Harry Potter books because they reinforced my love for reading.

8 ~ Do you have a bucket list and if so name your top 3 things on it?
Errr.... sure I have a list? Never really thought about it but I do have things I want to/must do:
 1- Publish a book.
 2- Celebrate a good 75years of marriage. (with my current husband)
 3- Lose my last 15lbs of extra baby weight. (preferably before my 75th wedding anniversary.)

9 ~ If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one thing, what would it be?
A boat!

10 ~ Who is your favorite Disney hero/heroine?
Wow, I think this is the one question that stumped me! I guess Mickey Mouse? Simba? Belle? I don't have one favorite unfortunately.

11 ~ Do you believe that you can judge a book by its cover?
I think you can judge it but you wouldn't be right. Books are far more complex than their covers. That being said, have I bought books because the cover attracted me? Sure. Would a cover stop me from buying a book whose description intrigues me, no. Hey, for all I know they are just indie writers who can't yet afford a good book cover designer ;)


My Nominee's Are:

Umm, all of the one person you who read this blog. I'm a newbie in this writer/reader world and all of the blogs I'm currently stalking reading have already received this award. So yeah... I guess I stop here and keep the award to myself. (Fact #12~ I don't share awards.)

Their Questions:(Keeping the same questions since I'm keeping the award to myself)

1 ~ What is your favorite genre of book?
2 ~ Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
3 ~ Do you have a day job? If so what is it?
4 ~ What would be your dream vacation spot?
5 ~ Who is your biggest supporter?
6 ~ What is your biggest pet peeve?
7 ~ What books have most influenced your life?
8 ~ Do you have a bucket list and if so name your top 3 things on it?
9 ~ If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one thing, what would it be?
10 ~ Who is your favorite Disney hero/heroine?
11 ~ Do you believe that you can judge a book by its cover?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are hysterical! I received your message read between the lines :) Hey, now that's a great blog title...Between the Lines!

      I love that you know Spanish. My son's girlfriend speaks fluent Spanish and she has been teaching me. (of course we started with the "bad" words!)

      "A Boat!" Lol, now why didn't I think of that. Probably because being stranded on a deserted island would be the only way for me to get a vacation and peace and quiet, so I wouldn't mind it at all!

      I hated passing along the "chain award" but I was afraid not to since the person who sent it to me agreed to review "Descended."

      I love your sense of humor, it mirrors mine completely. Maybe I should co-author a humorous YA novel with you? We can call it "Don't Judge a Book by its Cover!"

      Deb :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I like it! YA Comedy Trilogy ;)

    ReplyDelete