Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Writer's Block

I feel it right now.

Why? Because I’m nervous.

This is my first post on this blog, and you know how doing things for the first time can be... You hope you do it right, you hope you make an impression, and you hope he calls you back, OK that last one may not apply, but I do hope you come back.   

My name is S.K. Anthony and I am writer (or at least I pretend to be) I am a mother of two, a wife of one, and a dreamer. I dream of sharing some of my imagination with the world in form of writing. I tend to imagine a lot so why not share? I want to shut up that voice in my head that says I can't do it and I need an outlet for my frustrations, hence this blog.
If you are here reading, welcome. If you are not, then clearly I'm losing my mind and I'm talking to myself in a very scary way. I may look into a psychologist but not until I publish that book, after all, one might have to completely lose their mind in order to open themselves up for a life full of criticisms. Then again, no one might read my work and that's alright. At the very least I will do what I set out to do and that will be my biggest accomplishment.
Wish me luck.
And good luck to you in your dreams. (This again applies to me if I'm the only one reading, Win-win!)
~~~~~~~~~



You see things; and you say, 'Why?'
But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
-George Bernard Shaw
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on writing your first book and I'll be looking forward to many more. I'll be more than pleased to take this journey with you. Best of luck and best wishes.
    P.R. Maraj

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I would like to congratulate you on writing your first book! Second, I would like to urge you not to let any negative reviews get in the way of your dreams. They will come, they always do, because the written word is always subjective. Fair or not, you need to find the underlying thread woven beneath the sometimes harsh words and use it to polish your craft. I was so upset with the first and extremely harsh one I received that I didn't sleep all night. Please, don't fret about them. Every writer shares this experience but it is what they do with it that will determine their success as an author. I look forward to seeing your work!
    Best of luck to you :)
    Debra Ann Miller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. So have you written your first book or on your way to writing it? Didn't see any links to it so was just looking around to see a sample! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the way to polishing and editing it, thanks for looking around ;)

      Delete