Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Book, part 1: Title

I'll be sharing small tidbits here and there. For now "meet" the (most likely) title:
 
KINETIC
(The Luminaries)
 
It falls under New Adult Romance Sci-Fi Fantasy category. A mouthful, huh? Well, it is what it is. I can't change it. Wait... actually I can... I have full power! Now that's pretty amazing, being able to create a whole world and change whatever aspects you don't like. God, anyone? If only it was this easy in real life, I'd be looking like a supermodel by now. ::sigh::
  
OK, back to the book. Here is the PLAN:
 
*I'm thinking it will be released Fall 2013.
*I have yet to rewrite, revise, and rewrite again.
*I have to get it to Beta Readers (& find them first)
*Then rewrite a little more.
*Get it professionally edited.
*Get cover ready.
*Revise & rewrite yet again with editing notes.
*Share with my husband and bite my nails... that man is a tough one to make happy with story lines and grammar. And he is NOT a reader so if he gives me two thumbs up, I'll be moving on. If not I'll be smacking him or denying him dinner, depends on my mood that day. (Probably both)
*Maybe line/copy edits depending on the $$
*Then professionally proofread.
*More Beta Reading, just in case.
*Market the crap out of it.
*Hit Publish.
*Then PUKE and FREAK OUT... and probably cry.
 
All in that order. If I missed something, let me know!

P.S. Keep an eye out for part 2, it will be an introduction of my main character... Annie Fox.
 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan. Best of luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan! If you need a beta reader, I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title! Fall is a good time to release as well, since book sales tend to peak during the fall.

    Can't wait to hear how you progress with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I had no idea book sales peaked during fall but now I feel much better about it!

      Delete
  4. You may also need to "Puke and freak out" after you hand it over to the beta readers. I know I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL yes, I'll add that to my "to do" :-#

      Delete
  5. Congrats! It's sounds like you have a pretty good timeline set up there. I love me some sci-fi, so when you're ready to send Kinetic out for reviews, look me up on my blog. I try to review one indie title each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, thank you for offering Nikkie! I definitely will ;)

      Delete
  6. I am so excited about the new category "new adult." I think the acknowledgment of this age group is fabulous! I just heard about it from another writer - where had you heard it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually heard about it in January. I was pretty happy about it since my book falls in it. I came across the NAAlley blog and lived an uh huh moment ;)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great plan. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to have a plan! I'm so excited to see the release of Kinetic coming soon. My finger will be the first on the "Buy Now" button :)

    ReplyDelete