Friday, April 19, 2013

BRANDED Cover Reveal by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki ... & Celebration Time!

Title: BRANDED
Category: Older YA Dystopian
Release Date: TBD
 
 
Description
 
Twenty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best.
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home.

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain.

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.
The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me.
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter.
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.

Meet The Authors:
 

Abi Ketner Is a registered nurse with a passion for novels, the beaches of St. John, and her Philadelphia Phillies. A talented singer, Abi loves to go running and spend lots of time with her family. She currently resides in Lancaster, Pennsylvania with her husband, triplet daughters and two very spoiled dogs.

Melissa Kalicicki received her bachelor’s degree from Millersville University in 2003. She married, had two boys and currently lives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Aside from reading and writing, her interests include running and mixed martial arts. She also remains an avid Cleveland sports fan.

Abi and Missy met in the summer of 1999 at college orientation and have been best friends ever since. After college, they added jobs, husbands and kids to their lives, but they still found time for their friendship. Instead of hanging out on weekends, they went to dinner once a month and reviewed books. What started out as an enjoyable hobby has now become an incredible adventure.
 
Connect with them:
 
... and BONUS...
click here to read the first chapter and to enter a giveawaty for $25 gift card!
 
* * *
 
This hop comes with easy instructions:
Sign up, post something to celebrate,
hop around and cheer on others, bask in warm glow.
Full instructions and badge here.

This week I'm celebrating:

1- Making headway with revisions... and not going bald in the process.
2- A great time with my family over the weekend.
(We meet once a month to hang out, no excuses)
3- My almost new laptop.
 Trying to convince the hubby that a Macbook is the way to go, help?
4- Spring! Its finally showing up a bit more often.
Can't wait until it decides to stay.. but by then it might be Summer :-/

18 comments:

  1. Yay for spring. The lighter evenings and the beautiful flowers are great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true!
      *if only I could experience all three, so far just the lighter evenings is happening*
      (I know, I'm a downer boo me)

      Delete
  2. Best luck to Abi and Melissa!
    Time with family is such a joy. Good Friday celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their trailer is coming in exactly a month, can't wait!

      Delete
  3. Branded sounds really new and different - not like the typical dystopian at all. Good luck to Abi and Missy!
    Congrats on the revision progress, family fun, and on spring! :-) (Good luck on the Mac thing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their first chapter is up, I like it ;)

      ooooh the Mac, still waiting...

      Delete
  4. Very cool cover! The book sounds like a great read.

    I totally forgot about the celebrations today. Glad to hear you aren't going bald! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Julie, so far I'm not bald. Let's give a couple more weeks and see what's happening to my hair, k? ;)

      Delete
  5. Yay to family time and nearly summer! ooh and a new laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is definitely beautiful! And isn't it fun to get new toys too?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait! Regardless of which laptop I get, I'm quite excited :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats to Abi & Missy.

    I forgot it's Friday... I'm blaming hormones. Glad you're making headway with your revisions. Yay for great times with family and new computers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The author's stories, both their personal and the book, sound very interesting.

    I've got a MacBook, and it was a change. There are some things I liked better with Windows (i.e., the picture viewer and one or two other small things), but in a whole, the Mac is well above par for me. Much longer battery life, lighted keyboard, much less worries about viruses, the mouse board thing - what ever you call it - is great, lightweight.

    In other words, tell your husband it's time to grow up into a Mac! Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its wonderful to go through this journey with a friend, isn't it?

      I'm going to print your Mac observation and post it around the house so he reads it... :D

      Delete
  9. The book sounds great. I love the idea that he brands them, well I mean I don't, but it makes an interesting theme for the book. lol

    ReplyDelete