Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Awards, Awards, Awards.... Part 1

 

I was given the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award" by the lovely C.M. Albert, thank you so much! Go check out her blog here.
 
Award Rules
 
1. Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated!
2. Link back to your nominator.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your nominees.
7 Things About Myself
 
1- I'm a big Harry Potter fan. *LOVE*
2- People say I have a bubbly personality, but really? I'm shy.
3- I'm the youngest of three.
4- I would have a panic attack if my DVR was broken.
5- The only thing I ever want for my birthdays is to go to the movies. It helps that a lot of the big movies come out just in time for it, this year? It will be The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
6- Friends is one of my favorite TV shows.
7- I enjoy Twitter more than I thought I would.
 
 
  * * *
 
sunshine-award1
 
Thank you Deanie Humphrys-Dunne for the Sunshine Award, you are so sweet ;)
 
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers.
The recipients of the Sunshine Award are “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.” The way the award works is this: thank the person who gave you the award, and link back to them. Then answer questions about yourself. Finally, select up to 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post, and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!
 
1- Favorite color?
 ~ Blue.
2- Favorite animals?
~ Puppies.
3- Favorite number?
~ Eight.
4- Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
~ Water. (For real!)
5- Favorite alcoholic drink?
~ Wine.
6- Facebook or Twitter?
 ~ Right now, Twitter.
7- My passion?
~ Writing.
8- Prefer getting or giving presents?
~ Giving.
9- Favorite city?
~ NY
10- Favorite TV shows?
~ Homeland, The Walking Dead, Elementary, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, etc...
 
***Nominees, use the same questions***
 
 
* * *
 
Thank you once again Deanie Humphrys-Dunne for this award!
 
Here are the rules:
Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded. Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award with notification sent to them of the great news. Display the award’s badge on your blog/website.
Resources:
What makes a good acceptance speech?
*Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way.
*Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling.
*Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives.


My Acceptance Speech:
 
I want to thank my Mom and my Dad for loving each other enough to make me, even if I was an "oops" baby. I want to thank my husband for putting up with my insane (but awesome) ways. I want to thank my kids for being in sync with their diaper-related activities so I do all the changing at once. And I want to thank myself for not changing who I am. What? Does that not count? Okay, I want to thank YOU then for making it this far if you are still reading... if you are not, I take it back.
 
 
* * *
 
My Nominees
I'm going to do this a little different because I have three different awards here. I know everyone is busy so I'll leave you the option to choose one, two, or all three of these awards to post on your blog. I know I'll mention some who already received one of these but you have several to choose from, no excuses :D
 
11- C.M. Albert (Choose one of the bottom two or both)
12- Deanie Humprys-Dunne (The Very Inspirational Blogger Award)


14 comments:

  1. So many awards, S.K., how wonderful! Congratulations on them all, I'm sure more will keep coming your way. Wine is my favorite too, and water is an acquired taste, but it's working. :D One day we'll make a wine party. In the meantime, I leave you dragon hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad I get to choose! I'll do the one I haven't done before :) Looking forward to playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Water is my choice as well.
    And nothing wrong with seeing a film on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my birthday, on your birthday, on anyone's birthday really.... Love movies ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, S. K! I'm tremendously honored to receive the Very Inspirational Blogger Award! Yikes, I'm blushing again! Thank you for always encouraging me to be my very best,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again and I am putting my Blog up shortly for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime Brandon, watch out for next week... there is more :D

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the nomination S! I'm excited to do it as soon as I can carve out some time. I will let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I've read your answers. I TOTALLY understand what you mean about the DVR. It's a true life addiction. But we do have different taste in TV shows. :)

    Love your award speech. I'll look forward to doing that one... maybe. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, can't wait to read what TV shows you are into ;)

      Delete