The lovely Nancy LaRonda Johnson over at Writer's Mark was sweet enough to think of me and tag me in The Next Big Thing. Thank you, Nancy! Now, be sure to run over to her blog and read about her awesome WIP.
The Next Big Thing Blog Hop is a chance for authors to share a little bit about what they are working on, then to pass the favor on to other authors. I’ll answer ten questions about KINETIC, tag a few other author blogs, then they will answer the same questions and post it next week.
1-What is the working title of your book?
2-Where did the idea come from for the book?
- I remember having the word Luminary coming to my mind and thinking ‘this sounds cool’, who would a Luminary be? Then I also liked the idea of having a secret organization with super powers and a heroine who was a bad ass but broken inside and Kinetic was born ;)
3-What genre does your book fall under?
- Oh my goodness... ready? It falls under Sci-Fi/Urban Fantasy New Adult but since its so long I'm promoting it under Urban Fantasy NA
4-Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
- I actually have a full cast I'm thinking of revealing in the future so for now I'll just show you Annie.
|Jessica Alba as Annie Fox|
5-What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
-Annie Fox takes down criminals using her luminary strength…that is until she learns that her ex-husband wants to harness those same powers to kill everyone she loves.
6-Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
- Self-published. I like control!
7-How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
- A few years. I kept procrastinating, but if I go by when I took it seriously to start and not stop until I finished that first draft I would say about 3 months.
8-What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
- Honestly, I cannot think of one...
9-Who or What inspired you to write this book?
- Just a dream. I had to see if I could do it. I cannot pinpoint a specific inspiration... I just always thought I wanted to, so I did.
10-What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
- Let's see, if you like romance you got it. If you like action, you got it. If you like a kickass strong heroine, you got it. If you like humor, you got it. And if you like all of that in non-typical setting, you definitely got it.