Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Three Years Ago...

... I became a mother.

My teeny weeny babies were born and turned my world upside down. I'm now a mother of three: two human babies and one book baby. Well, currently I'm also pregnant with my second book baby so soon it will be four... if I ever finish writing or taking this book to full term that is. But this isn't about my non-diaper babies this is about the two human ones. My twins are now three! Someone pass me the booze. Woot! Ahem, I mean the coffee. Someone pass me the coffee AND the energy drink.

October 8th, 2010 was hands down the best day ever, c-section and all. My baby boy was born two whole minutes after my baby girl, and boy does she know she is older. She was born with the thought that we made her brother just for her so she can hug, kiss and use as her personal "baby toy." And he is a little heartbreaker already, always playing hard to get with his sister. But when he does take his guard down, he doesn't let go of her either.

My babies are three. I know, I said that already, but OMG my babies are three. I have no idea where the time went but it sure has been fun. How could it not be? They are full of personality and have shown us love like we've never known. And not only are they awesome (says their mother) they want to be heroes when they grow up. Noah said he is going to be a Firefighter. And Natalia, not be left behind, said she is going to be a Princess Firefighter. Awww the dreams they have! As their mom, I'm pretty sure that is specifically to give me a heart attack. Running into fire... I don't think so. I mean, maybe if they really want to when they are older, but must they make me worry from now? Kids I tell ya!

They are very excited its their birthday, by the way. Why? Because they get to eat "happy cake", as they call it ;)

Happy birthday Noah and Natalia!

Before they turned one:

Sometime before they turned two:

Earlier this year:

During our summer vacation:


18 comments:

  1. A sparkling happy birthday to the precious little munchkins. Enjoy the happy cake!
    Ki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you! And everyone in your family Noah and Natalia are so adorable. Happy Birthday to them. Hope they have a wonderful special, Happy day with lots of "happy cake!" So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanie. They are going insane begging for their happy cake lol

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your kids! Looks like they really love each other. Most of the time, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... sure.... most of the time, why not? :P

      Delete
  4. Happy cake, love it! Happy birthday to Noah and Natalia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to them! They're beautiful kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww adorable photos! Happy Birthday to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! Happy Birthday to them :) They are adorable. My oldest is going to be seven soon. I really don't know how they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, they look so grown-up! Congrats, and happy birthday to your little ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw you gotta love a Princess Fightfighter. Really cute!! Congrats, S.K.! Your babies are so, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, I meant Firefighter..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweeties those twins are! Happy Birthday to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are just so cute and awesome. Hope they had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, I am woefully late for this particular blog-hop--but I don't think one can ever be too late to send congratulations for those adorable twins' birthday party and another year of joy...How on earth do you still find time to write? Now, that's passion for books...but as you said, they are ALL your babies.

    ReplyDelete