Tuesday, December 24, 2013

End of Year Reflection

Last December I made a promise to myself that come the end of 2013 I would be a published author. And that I am. Yay!

I decided who I was going to be, since this is a pen name…that took a while. If anyone wonders, it is based on my kids' middle names. So if you don't like it…too bad! I kid, I kid. What better way to make more "babies" than with me channelling my human ones? (That doesn't sound right). Anyway, then I researched a lot and waited a few weeks to set up this blog and the various social media channels I needed to become the new me. I was scared shitless. 

Luckily this writing community embraced me with open arms. You guys are truly the best. Each step of the way brought me new and wonderful friends. I have a team that I will not let loose no matter how many times they try to escape my basement. Brandon Ax, Lynda Dietz, Debra Ann Miller, Regina Wamba, & Raina Campbell: I love you guys to death. I will buy more chains and handcuffs for the new year (you can never have too much reinforcement), and promise to feed you from time to time to prove I can be nice.

I'm now in the middle of revisions for the second Luminary book. I have fan emails from around the world (I still cannot believe this), I have a wonderful supportive family, and without each and everyone of you, I wouldn't be able to follow my dreams. Big thanks to my parents for the cheers, my kiddos for making my days shine, and a husband who believes in me (and buys me coffee & wine whenever I run out). I love you guys to a deeper death than the people I mentioned previously. Pinky swear.

Now, a new year is upon us and while I don't believe in resolutions (I never keep them), I do believe in making promises. Last year's I kept so here is my new promise: in 2014 I will not change much. I will keep cheering and supporting the rest of you, and most importantly, I will keep dreaming, writing, challenging myself, and believing.

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! & Happy New Year!
Let's make 2014 an epic year, shall we? See you on the other side ;)

26 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to achieve our goals. During the '90s, I made up my mind I would become a published author. I did, many times over, and then gradually moved into editing, which I enjoy tremendously. I wanted a man this year, and I have him. He's sitting next to me. We belong to one another. Happy Christmas!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well look at us, I became published and you got your guy! A great year, this was :)
      Merry Christmas, Janie!

      Delete
  2. You did a great job this year, Katherine! Look at all you've accomplished! We're all proud of you and I'm sure your family is thrilled with all of your achievements. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your encouraging words were very motivating as well, thank you so much! Cheers to 2014 and hope your new website kicks off with a bang ;)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on meeting your goals! I hope 2014 is your best year yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most enjoyable basement I've ever been (chained up) in. I'll stay as long as you'll have me, as long as you keep the coffee hot. What wonderful ride we're on!

    By the way, your kids sneak us muffins when nobody's paying attention...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew they were acting suspicious…those two! The coffee, the chocolate, the wine and the laughs shall keep coming, as long as you don't misbehave. Oh, and the work. The work too :P

      Delete
  5. Okay but my cuffs are chaffing so can you get the fuzzy ones? Hope you have a great Christmas and this new year should be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuzzy cuffs--check! Pink or red? The kids only allowed me to buy those colors, sorry. Yes, we're shooting for an awesome year…so: let's do this! :D

      Delete
    2. Red of course, not that I'm not man enough for pink.

      Delete
    3. lol Okay, but just so you know the kids would have given you an extra muffin with the pink.

      Delete
    4. Then by all means pink it is.

      Delete
    5. lol Fuzzy and Pink, its a deal!

      Delete
  6. It's wonderful to reflect on all the blessings we have and not take them for granted in the day-to-day scheme of things! May you have a gloriously wonderful new year! Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nancy. I wish you a blessed and wonderful new year as well ;)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on achieving your big goal. Best of luck with revisions. Have wonderful 2014. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge congratulations, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mere. Happy New Year ;)

      Delete
  9. It's wonderful that you've come so far in just one year. Imagine how well you'll do in 2014! Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope 2014 is amazing for all of us, Lexa! Best of luck with Soul Cutter :)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on keeping your promises to yourself... just as important as keeping the promises you make to others! May 2014 be a great blessing to you. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go you! I hope to keep helping you achieve your dreams in any small way I can :) Happy 2014 [almost].

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on achieving your goal!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete