Friday, February 7, 2014

Time to Celebrate!

This hop comes with easy instructions: Sign up, post something to celebrate, 
hop around, cheer on others, and bask in warm glow. Full instructions and badge *here.*

You spin blogs right round, baby. 
Right round like a record, baby. Right round round round…

This week I'm celebrating: those who take time out of their busy schedules to help the blogging world go round and round. All the awesome hop ideas, which while not for everyone, are really great. They keep us from having blogger's block and from taking too long a break in between posts. And even cooler, they allow us to hang out with the "popular" kids on the web ;)

Now, I can't talk about this and not mention some of these amazing hops and bloggers, can I? Didn't think so. I'll start you off with this fantastic new service from some fun bloggers:


Charlie's Scribes is a new, FREE service featuring the angelic smiles of Mark Koopmans, Elizabeth Seckman, and Tammy Theriault.

Our motto is “You Snooze, We Muse.” To begin, our free services will focus on guest posting for people on vacation or anyone needing a bloggy break.

Charlie’s Scribes have only one goal: To fight writer's block, writer’s overload, and the need for some vacay time by filling empty post slots throughout the blogosphere with our charm, wit, and Mark’s Hula skills. You’ll be amazed – or your next post is free!



The A to Z Challenge, which I joined for the first time this year. I'm hoping to start preparing the posts soon, so when the time comes around I can eliminate most of the pressure surrounding this fun challenge. I much rather focus on the cheering in April than on the stressing.

I'm excited! And…well, you can read more about my thoughts and possible theme in this week's Coffee Chat, come on over and share your theme with us ;)




This genius hop comes from DL HammonsThe idea is to try and garner support for all of us here in the blogosphere through a rotating Blog Blitz. One blogger is chosen randomly or is nominated, and on a particular date everyone else gets and email to visit this person. We leave encouraging comments and make their day extra special. I received 139 comments when I was blitzed, it was awesome!

Next month will be the first anniversary of the Blog Blitz. You can sign up here


And last but not least, I can't celebrate great bloggers without mentioning our very own Alex J. Cavanaugh. Thank you, Sir! Everything you do for the blogging world makes a big difference ;)

I have to share some exciting news for him:

From now until February 10th, “Top Gun Meets Battlestar Galactica” Amazon Best Seller and Pinnacle Award Winner CassaFire will be on sale for just 99 cents. Take advantage and get your copy now! 






What are you celebrating?



44 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning CassaFire's sale!
    Charlie's Scribes is such a great idea.
    And glad you are on board for the Challenge. You will have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, Alex ;)
      Yeah, A to Z challenge…bring it! lol

      Delete
  2. I'll join you in cheering Alex. He's a pretty faithful encourager and entertaining blogger. I just bought CassaFire and need to pick up CassaStar so I can read them in order.

    Blog Blitz sounds like fun! I might have to check that out, as well as Charlie's Scribes.

    And of course you know all about my thoughts on the A to Z Challenge! Thanks for the Coffee Chat mention.

    You're a pretty amazing blog hopper yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're all great! Check them, check them!
      And the coffee chat? All that singing was just fun, of course I must share ;)

      Delete
  3. Great ideas, Katherine! Everyone is blessed to have you on their team, for sure. Wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deanie! Enjoy your weekend as well :)

      Delete
  4. I'm really looking forward to the A-Z Challenge, I think I've decided on a theme but I'm not mentioning it yet in case I change my mind!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% convinced yet about my theme. We'll see if I can come up with 26 things to go with it,if not…scratch and start again lol

      Delete
  5. Great hops all around! I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog hops are amazing. Looking forward to A-Z challenge for my 2nd year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome hops! And I'm glad you're doing the A to Z Challenge--it's so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of right now, I'm glad too. Let's see how I feel when I'm writing the posts or when April gets here lol

      Delete
  9. I hate it when everybody disappears to do the A-Z challenge, and no! I won't do it and nobody can make me. I shall stay in bed during the entire month of April. Man, that bed is gonna get wet and stinky.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But..but…but…fine! Don't join. But if you're going to stay in bed that whole month, take a nap or two for me, will ya? :D

      Delete
  10. I love that your celebration is a tribute to others this week. Yay for Charlie's Scribes, DL's Blitz and Alex's on-sale book. I'm doing the A-Z for the first time this year, too -- we're both A-Z virgins! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah yes we are! I hope our initiation is as fun as they all say :P

      Delete
  11. I'm really looking forward to the A-Z challenge. It's my first year and everything.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another new blogger to the challenge. I'm so glad I'm not alone lol

      Delete
  12. Thanks for mentioning the blog hops and what a great thing to celebrate!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all great people behind the hops, and they deserve a mention once in a while. I'm trying to do all my "nice" things as early in the year as possible, so if I fail by the end, I can say I did my share lol

      Delete
  13. I love the blogging community, and all of the blog hops that we're able to take part in. I can't wait for this years A-Z Challenge, it's my third year but still just as exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh your third year! How cool :D
      I enjoyed your Greek mythology posts last April, can't wait to see what you have as a theme this time around!

      Delete
  14. The blog community is awesome! I'm not sure if I'm doing A to Z this year . . . I have A to Z anxiety at the moment - and my family is going on two vacations that month, plus taking a weekend to celebrate a niece's wedding - I'm not sure if I would be able to visit enough during A to Z . . . but I've participated three years before this, so I hate to break that chain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true! And those hops and fests always allow connecting with new bloggers, and that makes it all worthwhile!
    Love the Charlie's Scribes idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie's Scribes sounds awesome! I think I'm going to have to fake a break to see what they do on this blog lol

      Delete
  16. I hadn't heard of Charlie's Scribes! Sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, and the three of them are hilarious...this should be fun!

      Delete
  17. I love the way you did your celebrations this week. So many great bloggers featured. I hadn't realized we have been blitzing for a year already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy how fast time sneaks up on us, huh?

      Delete
  18. sweet sensations! i wish i had more time to blog... this community is full of great people inspiring and supporting others (like you!)
    happy celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I am joining the A to Z Challenge too this year. I am a minion of the Librarian. I loved the way you celebrated all the great hops and communities out there. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mary. Glad you're part of the A to Z challenge, lets have fun!

      Delete
  20. Wahoo! I love ALL of those hops and can't wait for the A to Z. It's going to be epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeahhhhhhh! Epic is what we're going for :D

      Delete
  21. So many cool things going down in the blogging world. Where does one begin, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's easy: with Coffee Chat, duh. Brought to you every Thursday around 10:00 a.m. :D

      Delete
  22. I'm almost a week late to this celebration but what a great thing to celebrate! And I'm so glad you joined the A-Z too, yay!!

    Hope you're having a good week, SK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for including the BLOG BLITZ in your list S.K.! Hard to believe its been a year since we began.

    I'm skipping the A-Z Challenge this year as I continue working on my manuscript, but I'll be there with you in spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete