Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A to Z Challenge—S.K.-isms! M is for . . .





M is for Momfessions. Stands for mommie’s confessions. Example:


     “Welcome everyone to this week’s M.M.A.; that’s Momfession’s Meeting Anonymous for those who are new to the group. My name is LazyMama, and I’m the moderator. Before we begin, please grab your drink . . . who wants to go first?”
     “Oh, hi, I’m Momacita. So this week,” takes a sip of wine, “I didn’t feel like cooking so I pretended to be sick, and made Dadacito bring home pizza, and all sort of junk food. Everyday!
     LazyMama claps. “Give'er a round of applause, everyone. That was a brave confession. Anyone else?”
     “Yes, hi, I’m SneakyMom. A few nights this week, while the baby cried, I pretended to sleep so my husband would get up instead. I’m just so tired!”
     “We understand, I think we’ve all done that one,” LazyMama says, then turns to the host. “I’m sorry you let us come here every week but never say anything. Why is that?”
     “Well, I’m NotAMomma. I just let you come here because you always leave me free booze afterwards . . . You poor, desperate, exhausted Mommies!”

*Not S.K.’s original word.
**I should really try to host these meetings and make the entry fee a bottle of booze.

36 comments:

  1. I could get freeze booze hosting one of those? Where do I sign up? Do they bring snacks as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't think these really exist...so I should start them and if I'm in charge of course I say yes to snacks! lol

      Delete
  2. LOL I'd go for the free booze too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL One of my finest ideas...I should start having Momfession Meetings for real!

      Delete
  3. Lol, this would make a fascinating documentary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would! Imagine the poor dads finding out what goes on while watching the documentary?

      Delete
  4. LOL! I totally get this one. *steps onto the stand with the other lazy mommies*

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand over the booze first then you may take the stand, Miss Missy!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. All you need to do is pay up the booze! lol

      Delete
  6. I'm not a mommy, but free booze and I'll do Auntie confessions. ;)

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Auntie confessions should be just as juicy :D

      Delete
  7. I'm SneakyMama...except my husband is SneakyPapa, so I don't often get away with it. I remember one of those middle-of-the-night baby-crying moments, and I thought I was faking sleep pretty well until he said, "So are you going to keep pretending to be asleep, or am I?" Busted.

    I need to change my tactics. I'm flexible enough to be LazyMama and thirsty enough to be Mamacita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Momma Bear that wears all the hats, round of applause! :P

      Delete
  8. SK--for some reason you aren't showing up in my blog roll, so I missed some of your isms! I'm going through and reading them all RIGHT NOW because I'm so entertained by your theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost a lot of blogs on my blog roll too :(
      And thank you! You're too awesome reading a few posts back. My new hero, you are! :)

      Delete
  9. For free booze, I'll do a momfession or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm very VERY curious to hear them!

      Delete
  10. Do you need a bartender? Someone will have to keep an eye on all the free booze... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al the extra free booze? I hide them from the Mammas...but yes, you can mix our drinks and sneak a few if you want the job! :D

      Delete
  11. I think it is best to never speak these things aloud...lest the "others" catch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shhhh...snap! I totally didn't realize I was breaking the Mom-code! My bad, boo!

      Delete
  12. lol too funny. Although I will note those dads should be doing this stuff anyway.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dadacito! Right you are . . . but then how much can we drink and complain if all of your kind help out often? Exactly.

      Delete
  13. whoa... I may need to join the support group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I start the meetings, I'll give you a call! ;)

      Delete
  14. I still feel guilty about my life as a mom, and my children hate me. Do I qualify for the free booze?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do. In fact, you get my extra case ;)

      Delete
  15. I didn't start drinking until they turned 13! That did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL We all reach that point eventually!

      Delete