Friday, April 25, 2014

A to Z Challenge—S.K.-isms! V is for . . . [ & Time to Celebrate ]




V is for vowllergy. Stands for vows allergy. Example:


“Sup, dude?”
“She was okay with the birthday incident, but gave me an ultimatum.”
“What kind?”
“She’ll take me back if I propose, bro.”
“Dude!”
“Yeah.”
“Dude!”
“I know, bro. I’m not sure I can commit like that.”
“Nah, dude.”
“Not because I don’t want to. It’s only ‘cause of our bro-code-induced vowllergy.”
“That’s wassup.”



*S.K.’s original term. Because I can, that’s why.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This hop comes with easy instructions: Sign up, post something to celebrate, 
hop around, cheer on others, and bask in warm glow. Full instructions and badge *here.*

This week I'm celebrating that I'll be on Vacation next week. Hubby and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and to party-it-up we're ditching the kids! Woohoo!! 

Well, not really ditching. 

We're not that selfish. They'll be with my sister and will be well taken cared of *just* so we can go to Jamaica and live it up, woot! On the other hand, it will be the first time we're away from them: cue anxiety attack! I'll try my best not to bug my sister more than twice a day . . . there's lots of alcohol at the resort so I'm sure I don't have to try too hard to forget them. Sort of. I guess I'll find out.

I'm also celebrating an interview over at The Writer Diaries as a new contributor. Go find out some new stuff about me. Yes, I'm over sharing a little bit. You're welcome.

41 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your tenth anniversary! -- Silver Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary! Go ahead and ditch the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah dear congrats in your anniversary
    Have a nice time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vowllergy . . . that good! I was cracking up while reading the dialogue.

    Happy Anniversary! And have fun on your vacation. I'm jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Sounds like you have tons of fun ahead (and the kids won't mind at all).
    I'm going to miss your self-made words. Maybe you should create your own dictionary? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should. S.K.ionary? hmm, I'll have to work on that...

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your tenth anniversary. Your kids will be safe with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they will...but first time, Rachna! First time :-/

      Delete
  7. Happy 10th Anniversary! YAY! And YAY for Vacations!! Wish I could go on one!

    PS: vowllergy...when I first read it I thought someone had an allergy to vowels! LOL

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm O_O....definitely not that hahahahaha

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary! Glad to know neither you or your husband suffered from a vowllergy, =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your vacation and time off from the kids. Good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the interview went up yesterday, thanks! :)

      Delete
  10. Happy anniversary enjoy that vacation. The kids will be fine and have a great time too I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they'll have a blast, I'm sure! lol

      Delete
  11. Try to forget that you have children. It will be good for you, dude.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! 10 years? That's epic. I hope you live it up on Jamaica--and seriously, the kids will be fine. In fact, they'll have a blast and wonder why you ever had to come back. ;)

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe how selfish your husband is. I asked him if I could come along and he said NO! I mean, he was pretty forceful about it, too. I told him you and I needed to have coffee on Thursday and he told me to deal with it. I think that means "maybe."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...maybe...what else could it mean? :P

      Delete
    2. I'm in, baby, I'm in! See you in Jamaica, mon.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Well I'm late on this, but I'm back and I had FUN!

      Delete
  15. That is a wonderful word. I'm keeping it for future reference.

    Enjoy your time away! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah . . . I'm sure it will come in handy . . . eventually.

      Delete
  16. Happy Anniversary, Katherine! Can't wait to hear about your romantic vacation! Hope you have lots of fun and don't worry too much about your little cherubs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh! Hope you have a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Had a giggle at the vowllergy. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary. Hubby and I just "ditched" the kids for a weekend away for the first time and our oldest is 16.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great anniversary, Rhonda. Thanks :)

      Delete
  19. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary SK!
    Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy each other for a spell. :)

    ReplyDelete