Where You'll Find Me

I'm currently running my blog over at WritersAfterDark.net. I'd love it if you stopped by and hang for a bit! I'll return the favor, promise!

Running two blogs gets a bit difficult, so bear with me while I figure things out. In the meantime, if I could interest you in industry news, writing tips, and poking some fun at writerly problems, you'll find me here:



Friday, August 22, 2014

Celebrating the Past Few Weeks & 10 Things Every Serious Writer Has

Err . . . hi? gfxlovers.com/smilies

So I thought I'd hit you up with some past celebrations, and I'll even go visit you. How nice of me, no? o_0

*Having a blast with the kiddos this summer. So much better when they're a bit older and more independent to run around on their own. Woot!

*I saw Christina Perri in person a couple weeks ago on a date night (which was also nice). For FREE. She was singing at a park ten minutes from home for a radio event. It was cool 'cause I write to some of her songs for both Kinetic and Static, and the third. And two other books. Umm, yeah I like her music, apparently.

*My workouts had gone on vacation for the summer, but I resumed those suckers. Yet again. One thought: Ouch, ouch, ouch. Why can't I commit and stick with it? If only to avoid the initial soreness each time I restart my routine. Sigh.

*I had a FUN time with our very own C. Lee McKenzie last week. I invited her to Coffee Chat to discuss middle age women and young boys, AND to scare the "ahem" out of Lynda. Come check it out! 

*Because this is true, and because #10 was one of my genius thoughts (which doesn't say much about me, but that's not the point):

Click on image for original source (and follow Raymond Esposito!)




This post is part of Celebrate the Small Things hop. It comes with easy instructions: sign up, post something to celebrate, hop around, cheer on others, and bask in warm glow. Full instructions and badge *here.*

What are you celebrating?


36 comments:

  1. Crap, I really do have three blogs! (To my credit, two are group blogs.)
    Stay with your exercise routine. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv'd the list. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is very cute, Katherine! I'm sure you made us all smile.D
    Glad you're having fun this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list! I'm guilty of the notebook thing. I have tons, but I never write in them because I have horrible handwriting and it would ruin my pretty notebooks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snyopsis' are the worst!!! Enjoy and have fun with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are having fun with the kiddos. I am struggling with the dreaded synopsis as we speak!
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. Must have made you smile to dig up past celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate writing a synopsis. I think it's one of the absolute worst parts of writing.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great summer! I find it a lot easier too to do things with the kids when they're older. Hope your workout aches and pains go away quickly! And thanks for the list. So true, particularly #6. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You saw Christina Perri???? Love her!!!! So. Awesome. And YES to summer. I've loved it too. (More excited for fall though, LOL) :)

    Love the list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this list, and love all the fun things you've gotten to see and do this summer, especially the concert, since it was a last-minute surprise.

    And I think Raymond should pay you for your Ten Pen idea, because not only is it cool, it rhymes. That costs extra.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally hear ya on the kiddos being older and more independent thing! My kids are 14 and (almost) 11...and I'm enjoying them being young adults...kinda wishing they would grow up anymore! :)
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of good things to celebrate. =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you've been having an awesome summer! Glad to see you around the interwebs again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol! 'So that's why I have all those notebooks :)
    Glad your summer went so well. Sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could see her :(. Oh well I did get to go to an awesome concert so I could just be happy with that and shut up. lol

    Nice list, but I think since I am not doing or have some of those things...crap maybe I am not a writer...dang it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marvelous list of celebrations. I'm loving that my little guy is more independent too. Your list is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stick on with the exercise routine, it will energize you and ignore the ouches. I love the 10 things every serious writer has.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! Those were epic. =) Oh my... I'm all for celebrations. *holds out cheese platter* Let's celebrate in style, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL. Love that list, except in my case, I need a lot of pens coz I tend to lose them haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like my summers when the kids were little. All great celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the post format as you create user engagement in the complete article. It seems round up of all published posts. Thanks for gauging the informative posts.
    cara menggugurkan kandungan

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are to provide better services and Amesha in cleaning tanks, maintain and take care of it.
    CLEANING TANKS COMPANY MADINAH
    Best tanks washing company Madinah specialize in cleaning tanks with sterilization
    That you want to get healthy and free of microbes and salt water and diseases
    Choose cleaning tanks company and we are one of the best companies that cater to customers' requests
    Because we specialize and have experience in hygiene with better services and cheaper prices and less cleaning
    It is known that water reservoirs bring a lot of diseases due to salinity and the period that is not
    Where cleaning the tank of the most important things you have to be followed is that you clean up the water tanks
    Every 6 months, at least until you get clean water and suitable for use
    WASH TANKS COMPANY MADINAH
    We are a mobile home company services, which in turn works to provide the required service to all
    Customers inside the city of Medina and we care about the most important things we should Atkhozha
    We provide the best distinct and labor strikers Ali washing tank top quality cleaning
    We use the best sterilization and disinfection materials used _khasissaaa for cleansing and disinfection of water reservoirs
    And also are reservoirs that the washing process was ground and upper and the cleaning process
    Under the supervision of the Saudi administration to be handled properly in terms of services provided by the company
    It also provides mobile company best deals and cheaper prices to suit all customers
    ISOLATION TANKS COMPANY MADINAH
    It is the most important services company isolate the reservoir service is one of the most important things you should follow
    Because this process gives you the best use of water well and without any damage to health
    And also isolation process to maintain the reservoir of fungi, salinity and lack of water diversion


    https://rawdat-almadina.com/شركة-مكافحة-حشرات-بالمدينة/ ‎



    https://rawdat-almadina.com/شركة-نقل-عفش-بالمدينة/ ‎



    https://rawdat-almadina.com/شركة-تنظيف-خزانات-بالمدينة/ ‎






    ReplyDelete