Wednesday, June 3, 2015

IWSG (22) — It's Not You, It's Me




No, seriously. It's me. 
Every so often I need a break. Be it from blogging, writing, or exercising (well, this last one I snuck in here because yes). My most recent break was from blogging. Hold on to your seats though, because I'm back. That's right, I said it. And darn it now I have to remember the blogcation is over & keep on top of posting and such. Anyway . . .

I was feeling the pressure of too many things to deal with: 
I *must* post on my blogs (I'm a contributor to another blog). 
I *must* go visit and comment on my friends' blogs.
I *must* keep up with Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Instagram.
I *must* look into Tsu, Periscope, Tumblr, etc.
I *must* do all the beta reading I committed to. 
I *must* work on the money making job.
I *must* continue being a mom and wife above all.
And.
And.
And.
I *must* finish writing and revising my books.

Ever feel like there's too many things you *must* do to keep up with social media and your life in general? I'm sure you know what I mean. While coming up with a schedule and plan on how to tackle it all, I said to myself: well no one is putting a gun to your head. Maybe it's best to take a break. So I did.

I focused on one blog, thank goodness it's twice a month with one Twitter chat included. I continued being a mom and wife, yay for the family. I did the betas, my job, and I worked on my books. It felt great. Did I have all the time I thought I would have? No. Did I finish all of my projects? No, but I'm glad I hit pause on time or I would have just burnt myself out.

So my point is if you're feeling too much pressure from anything at all, sometimes it's best to step back. You return refreshed and ready to go. On that note, let me repeat:


I'm Back!!!




This post is part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group hop.
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!  Posting is first Wednesday of every month. Click here for more info.

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! And I can relate, for me lately blogging has felt like a chore and I really needed to step back and figure out how I could make it fun again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those "must's" and "should's" and "have to's" can totally burn us out. Getting some perspective on it all is a good thing.

    Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I probably should take a blogging break and focus on other things, but I still don't want to. Maybe at some point, because I'm starting to feel burnt out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hearty yup to that. It can all get overwhelming sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back!
    We can't do it all and when we fall behind, something has to give.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I read that list and was nodding, especially at the last two items. Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I feel my life is full of a lot of those "musts."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Me, too... My last post was for last month IWSG, but I did manage to drop by a few blogs this month.

    Now I to plan ahead and keep active in the community. Life definitely does throw us some MAJOR CURVE BALLS, which I have posted about today. But moving on to a brighter day is where we need to go...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome. :-) Balancing many things can be more than exhausting. Glad you're feeling better. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back. I've taken breaks from blogging or Twitter as well. It's a nice relief and I always feel better when I do come back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, all that made me feel antsy, lol. I've been learning from some productive writer who told me---Write first like daily job, everything else comes after, except family of course. So I do what I can and try to write more than all do all that other social stuff, but I do try to visit my online friends, but write first--somedays I am slow like today and yesterday. Happy Writing.
    Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I completely feel you on this. Glad you took a break and are ready to return!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back. Breaks are good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay, welcome back! I am ALL about the breaks. you think clearer after a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's good to take breaks and come back refreshed. Congrats on realizing that. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard as hell even with two of us. I couldn't imagine doing it alone. Social media is hard work. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete