Thursday, September 17, 2015

Tara Tyler: This is My Time!

Hi Guys,

So today is Guest Post time! Why? Well, apart from because I said so,  SIMULATION by Tara Tyler is out!!! You don't want to miss out on this one, trust me, this girl knows to intertwine amazing technology with lovable characters and insane action. I invited her over to tell us why THIS is her time and to share with you guys this amazing book!

Take it over, Tara!


Thanks so much for having me over, yet again, SK! You've helped me way above and beyond!

And if it weren't for friends I've met online, I probably wouldn't be an author. That's why my post is called...

This is My Time!

I was born at exactly the right time. I'm a Gen X, 80s kid. I came after the World Wars and the Depression, and just in time to experience the computer age and internet craze. I consider myself lucky to have so many modern conveniences. If I'd been born before indoor plumbing and a/c, I'd be a sad Sally!

I also look forward to telling my grandkids about the time before cell phones and internet and they'll look at me like I'm a crazy old lady (which I will be! ha!) And as we carry our little demonic devices that we've all become addicted to, we wonder how we ever survived without them. But we did. Remember pay phones? Take a dime, then a quarter, then a credit card when you go out... Looking back, that was living on the edge, but we had no idea!

So I'm happy with this time I've gotten to live in. I'm comfortable and wouldn't change a thing - probably too comfortable and my kids are downright spoiled! But I'm sure if I lived in a castle with chamber pots or on a farm in the old west, I would've been fine with that too - because I didn't know what I was missing.

Moral to this story - appreciate what you have.


Thanks again, SK! I'm so glad I have the internet to let me connect with friends like you. And one day we'll meet up the old-fashioned way, in person!

Umm, yeahhhhh, we will!!! :D


SIMULATION
by Tara Tyler
Release Date: Sept 14, 2015

In 2082, androids are an essential part of daily life. Some are helpful, some would make better toasters, and some are so human-like they're creepy. Back in Atlanta, Detective Cooper's latest client has him searching for her boyfriend who she thinks was replaced by a simulation, an illegal clone android. The guy also happens to be a popular new congressman.

As if the case wasn't frustrating enough, Cooper keeps crossing paths with his ex, FBI Agent Geri Harper who's looking for the same guy. As Cooper closes in, Geri is kidnapped. But when she resurfaces in Washington and goes on a killing spree, he knows it isn't her. Now under suspicion himself, Cooper must find the real Geri to prove her innocence, not to mention hunt down the powerful villain behind it all. Never a dull moment.

SIMULATION delivers more technology, more intense action, more humor, and more, distinct new characters. Come along for the ride.


Available Now!
Amazon ~~ Barnes &Noble


Tara Tyler writes sci fi and fantasy action-adventures from her little corner of the world in Ohio as she tries to keep up with her three boys and coach husband. Always making time to write, she sometimes puts off chores and lets laundry pile up... hence, she's also the Lazy Housewife, offering advice and tips to other gals out there trying to do it all without going crazy. She and her housewife friends blog at The Really Real Housewives of America.


And don't forget the Rafflecopter!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

7 comments:

  1. Most advances I'm really glad we have. But there are things we had that kids have forgotten how to enjoy. In the 70's, there was only so much television you could watch before you had to go outside and play for something to do. Or read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara. I'm in the same boat as you with when I was born. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara, love the title of your book. Intrigued by the tagline 'Pop travel novel.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tara. I'm a Gen X too. Looking forward to reading this second book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just at a writer's conference and the author who illustrated the Percy Jackson books was talking about that very thing--"What stories will our children have to tell someday?" He pointed out the average kid gets seven hours of screen time a day. How many stories will they have about their childhood when they're staring at the screens through most of it? "Remember that time when we FaceTimed each other while I was on vacation with my parents? That was cool."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post. I personally don;t even own a cellphone. My wife does and she is glued to it. I still read mostly, actual books instead of e-books. I guess I am clinging a bit to the past, but I also couldn't be an author right now without my computer. It is for sure a cool thing to look at.

    Simulation sounds really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember a time when I had to actually walk to the library to look something up. I couldn't just Google it. Horrific, right?

    Cheers to Tara on another awesome book!

    ReplyDelete