Thursday, October 22, 2015

Introducing the New and Improved SK!

Hi guys,

So I recently underwent some serious plastic surgery and changed my looks (cartoon looks) to resemble the real me. It's amazing really how I was captured so perfectly . . . I mean, this is exactly what I look like every single day. I even write in that dress. No, for real . . .

I wanted to create a customized "brand" so I hired someone, because you know what happened when I tried? Stick figures. That's what happened.

And I needed the picture to capture certain things about me, such as:

1-My sassiness.
2-My love for coffee, wine, and pizza.
3-My need for notebooks and pens.
etc, etc, et. . . 

I thought it would be a long process or something, but the artist nailed on the first try . . . 


I sent my wants with this grainy cell phone pic . . . 



And got this sketch:


So naturally, I said, "YES! I love it, thanks so much this is great!"

Then he said, "This is just a rough draft, calm your pants." Okay, so he didn't say it quite like that because he's a professional, but I'm a writer and I feel like embellishing a bit. Actually, he very humbly said it was just a rough draft. Just a rough draft . . . pffft! But me? I was wowed because I was sold on the "rough draft" just as it was.


Then he sent one with color! And I was in LOVE . . .

Yes, I realize I'm saying I'm in love with myself, but but but it's cartoon me . . . so it's okay, I think. Right? o_O

But she had lighter hair, so I was like . . . but I'm a brunette, can you change the hair color? And what did I do that for? It's after all an "improved me" but if you're curious, here it is:



And yes, it's great . . . but it loses a bit of spark I think, especially in the eyes where the lashes just blend into the hair. Anyway, that should teach me to trust the artist eyes in the future.

So the first one wins! Special thanks to Ricky Gunawan for the amazing work!

Say bye bye to this image:

 . . . It was great while it lasted! lol

And say hello to this:




Our resemblance is on point, right?
Right? RIGHT? :P

33 comments:

  1. He did great! Yes, it is a sassy look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did do a great job! You're beautiful Katherine, coffee, sassy and all! D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image is adorable in a sassy kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto,beautifully sassy. He did great work. Lots of personality portrayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so amazed at how fast he captured what I wanted!

      Delete
  5. I love this so much. And I did laugh out loud when I saw the pizza box. It really captures YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yeah . . . which is why it's there lol. Everything there is very ME, including Kinetic, Static, and Chaotic's books peeking from under my coffee!!!!! :D

      Delete
  6. Goodbye old you. Hello new. I love it. How come I don't see any chocolate on the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I love chocolate I don't indulge much in it . . . if I do I'd never stop! O_O

      Delete
  7. Mm. Very nice! Nice to see real photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I admire the artist talent so much!!!! :)

      Delete
  8. I love it. I was wowed when the page loaded and I saw that! We both have new headers today, but mine's more a book promo header and not nearly as cool as yours. I think you now HAVE to lighten your hair to match your cartoon self!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so damn cool. He did amazingly well. It looks fantastic and so very you. Pizza, wine, and coffee while writing. We knew we liked you for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Even if the hair is lighter (seriously, will anyone notice that?), the picture has so much life...coffee, wine, sass. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I did only because I hired him to make me a "ME" but I love it with the lighter hair so much more ;)

      Delete
  11. Very nice. He did a brilliant job! That's been a hard one for me too, just trusting my graphic artist, because I'm such an artist myself, but he does good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! He definitely captured you personality and looks! We should all get one! LOL... Imagine blogger with all this stunning, cool caricatures. but then, yours wouldn't be so special any more... NIX that thought! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for stopping by my blog Katherine. I missed you. Happy all is well with you. Love to your little cherubs, too.

    ReplyDelete