Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Romance v Horror: The Trailer

***You can skip reading and go straight for the video. Yes, that's me in it! o_O

"Take a risk," they said.
"It will be fun," they said.

. . . and you know what? It was FUN!

I'm going way out of my comfort zone here. But like most important decisions in my life, I committed to this new adventure with these words: what the heck?!


Horror and Romance. 

Two different genres. Two different audiences (go with it). Two different sets of beliefs. For romance fans, horror is gruesome, heartless, and doesn't care for Happy Ever Afters. For Horror fans . . . well, they'd rather poke their eyes out with pens than to stomach a romance novel or movie. AND neither believe the other captures life realistically. 


So a battle was born.

I'm an Urban Fantasy author (slash action adventure, slash sci-fi, slash romance, etc). Raymond Esposito is a dark fiction author. Horror is only a part of what Raymond writes and romance is only part of what I write. So we thought . . . someone needs to stand up for these two genres . . . in a battle . . . and it should be us. One, because it's our idea. Two, because . . . well, what the heck?! 


Romance or Horror?
Which adds the most value to our understanding
of relationships, life, and death?

This is my blog, so I'm already saying it's Romance! 

Check out the “EPIC” trailer and look for our video production of:
Romance v Horror—a mostly sober discussion.
Coming this week, here and at Raymond's blog.
(Hey, we had to drink. Not fun if it's all serious . . .
besides, there's a reputation out there that writers drink when they write.
We wanted to show it's not exclusive to writing. :P)


Now, excuse me while this introvert hides under her bed. This is the point of no return O_O

Feel free to share ;)

https://youtu.be/Tdn58fdASMw

21 comments:

  1. Okay well that was pretty awesome. Also a big tease, now we have to wait for the actual video, lol. So uh, yeah get to that. Looks like it's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope others find as fun as we did ;)

      Delete
  2. Don't know about the two different audiences. I love both horror and romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I, Stacy ;)
      It's just the general "thought" and obviously for the purpose of the battle, like it says in the trailer. Hope you watch the discussion and get a good laugh out of it! We're playing a role and making it fun.

      Delete
  3. You have to get out of your comfort-zone and come to the dark side...we have cookies...and drinks lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's romance. Everything I write, no matter what the genre, always has romance as a sub-genre. I can't imagone my characters not falling in love or being in love. Even if there's death/murder, there's also romance. It's the life of my stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I have someone in my corner!!! lol
      I do love both, but it's a nice role to play a hardcore romance chick!!! :D

      Delete
  5. Romance, for sure. Horror usually doesn't get into the hopes, wishes, and dreams of the characters as much, especially if those characters are going to die at some point during the story. We usually only bond with the main character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually not I guess. Some do get just into spilling guts lol I do have to say my co-host, Raymond Esposito, his books really do dig deep into hopes, wishes and dreams so I guess I've been spoiled with horror now lol

      Delete
  6. Good for you for going out of your comfort zone! But I agree with Brandon, it's not right to tease us with this. Very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well . . . it's also fun to tease. Though, I had to make sure it was well received before I really went out of my comfort zone and put up the first discussion lol

      Delete
  7. Great trailer. (All gloves are off pic had me cracking up). I'm a Romance buff all the way. Debbie Christiana reads and writes both horror and romance which I think is cool. I'm off to tell her about this battle right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Help spread the word! lol (I added the link in the post) Thanks!!!

      The gloves are off . . . that was fun ;) hahahahaha

      Delete
  8. Loved the trailer! When will we be able to see it? I write paranormal romance and dark fiction. Right now I'm working on a dark romance (which the couple will be together at the end, but the darkness will remain) which I'm having a lot of fun with. But in my life as a reader - I'm a horror girl forever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!!!! Glad you like it!!! We actually discuss romance IN horror a little bit . . . we'll touch on it further in other discussions. Probably the second episode. But Raymond will be happy he has someone in his corner now LOL

      As far as seeing it, we're aiming for Thursday. Maybe Friday, but the end of this week for sure! ;)

      Delete
  9. That was a seriously good trailer! As a Horror author who wrote a Horror/Romance novel and decided to write only horror from then on, I have an obvious preference in the debate. But I'm so inspired by your fab video! It was awesome! I have to learn how to make those, like NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete