Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I Invite You To . . . (IWSG - 28)

It's end of year, guys, which means I'm tired. 

Everything I did this year is only now catching up to me. Why? Because 2015 mimicked Speedy Gonzales and December got here in half the time. Goodness my, it snapped right back like a slingshot and I wasn't ready. I might need a do over. Pretty much like this meme says, my goals are so NOT on point:



However, I'm telling myself it's okay. Mainly because, well, what else can I say? 0_O And now to you, I'm also telling you that it's okay. 

This December I'm inviting you to do several things:

1-Brush off the worry of not accomplishing all 2015 goals and focus the energy into planning ahead. Our books will be written in 2016, dammit! Who's with me?

2-Laugh. Share Laughter. Be the laugh. :P  'Tis the season to be jolly, after all.

3-Give me an idea here, I'm drawing a blank. (Did I mention I was tired?)

4-Pick up a fellow author's book, read it, and leave a review. You know you wanna! :)

5-Join The Creativity Sanctuary. Our fellow blogger and friend, Randi Lee, created this cool place for writers. In her words: "The Creativity Sanctuary is a new forum where writers can freely ask questions or share comments without fear of being ridiculed by the vehement know-it-all." We can all use a place like that, no? I already joined. Now it's your turn.


How did you manage your 2015 goals? Better luck than me?
What would you like to invite your fellow bloggers to this end of year?
Are you going to join The Creativity Sanctuary?


This post is part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group hop.
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!  Posting is first Wednesday of every month. Click here for more info.


17 comments:

  1. Love that meme! I'm with you on being tired, but I do like your suggestions for December. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the story of my life...
    Will have to check out the forum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did okay this year. I think I am slowly winning the war of attrition against my brain.

    Will go check out the forum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed so hard at that quote! Story of my LIFE! Lol.

    I hear you about being tired, which is why I've initiated a break from writing and revising and querying and all that other crap. I'm done for now. I just want to enjoy the holidays and my family and just CHILL. We'll see how long that lasts! Lol.

    The Creative Sanctuary sounds like an awesome group! I might have to look into it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee, I think we set the same goals in the same years, yeah next year I will accomplishing those too, Great post,

    Merry Christmas
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee, I think we set the same goals in the same years, yeah next year I will accomplishing those too, Great post,

    Merry Christmas
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a great year. And the December I have planned is gonna be the ultimate finale. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made goals for the year back in January and found the post about them. I had forgotten, but i'm pleasantly surprised with how I did. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, you have some very cool boobs in your drawing. In my drawing I look like I'm flat chested although I have bodacious ta-tas.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good list. I have so many books I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't read a book without doing three things: leaving a review on Amazon, leaving a review on Goodreads, and promoting the author in my best books of the month. I know how much it means to get a review, so I always try to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all five of those - even the one about drawing blank. :) Maybe that's our day of rest. :)

    In 2016, it's definitely all going to work out, right?

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, SK! You Rock! (By that, I mean, you are super inspiring and wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did get some stuff done, but not nearly the amount I'd wanted. That said, I have a fiendish two years behind me, so I should be able to get a lot more done now that my life is sort of sorting itself out.

    So for now, I'm resting a bit in December before launching into the new year with all cylinders firing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never do quite as good as I hope to, but at least It's still a work in progress and we're putting in the effort. Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas! Remember Katherine's advice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We got our newest project done, which is all we could ask for. This month we're both just taking it easy and getting ready for 2016's goals, which are much more ambitious and we're much more likely to fail at. But hey, I'll worry about that next year.

    Also, love the idea of the forum, because I absolutely hate know-it-alls. Will certainly check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a perfect summation of goals that perpetually get put off... maybe next year
    oh well - the most important stuff gets done and then surprises come up forcing reprioritization! that's okay, we'll get to it eventually

    and i like your suggestions =)
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I didn't procrastinate, I'd do nothing. Well, I'd do lots of maoning. I'm sooooo good at that. :)

    So, I've been absent lately - which sucks - so I needed to stop by to wish you and your family a very funfilled Christmas! :)

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete