Friday, June 24, 2016

Because Who Doesn't Love Writers' Resources?

Okay, so the answer to that question is probably non-writers, but whatever, eh? This is for us awesome writerly creative maniacs! 

Because seriously: who doesn't doesn't love writers' resources?



We thrive when we put our butts on our chairs, and our fingers meet the click-click of our keyboards. Ahhh what a beautiful symphony they make . . . 

But sometimes we have to take a break from our creative cages to learn more about our writing world. Oh, you know the questions: Why can't I understand Scrivener? Am I a grammar butcherer? What apps and softwares can make my writing life easier? What is going on with Amazon?

And that's where my addiction to researching comes in handy. Well, mine and my Writers After Dark's partner in crime, Raymond Esposito's. So we decided to combine our resources and form an ever-growing large library of information, which includes: tips, templates, video how-tos, storytelling articles, common grammarly mistakes, and keeping our peers on top of industry news. 


Check out our quick 6 minutes video to learn more:
(I have no idea what was up with my makeup—somebody is getting fired!)




So come on over to WritersAfterDark.Net, and at the very least read our Welcome post ;) 

[insider secret: that picture of us was taken in a club while celebrating Ray's 50th Birthday bash . . . but umm, neither of us remember taking it. Perhaps too many "cheers"? o_O ]


 Thanks for watching!!! And for visiting us!



What would you like to see or have access to as a writer?
We would love to help simplify your writing life, 
so please, let us know! 





Feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel: Writers After Dark

18 comments:

  1. Can you find a resource about cloning or at least growing extra hands so I can write more? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL . . . sure? I'll look. But at worst, I think they have those people called "ghostwriters" if you can't have your own DNA. Or own extra hands. My professional suggestion is to give up sleep completely and you solve that problem. o_O hahahaha gosh, I wish I could do the clone myself lol

      Delete
  2. What will be your focus? We add your site to the IWSG, where would we put you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh that would be awesome!!!! Let me take a look at the options so we can choose the page/category wisely. You have an awesome collection and we offer many of the same, but we're going to be having a podcast which is a bit different, and all the tutorials we're still working on. So it's a matter of deciding which focus we'd want to be listed under. I'll email you, and thank you so much!!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Cool going to watch vid now and then check out the site...for the first time O_O. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice launch! Glad you're finally up and running! Mr. & Mrs. Google, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the video. What's wrong with your make-up? If it really bothers you, then go to a nice department store and ask if someone in the cosmetics department can show you how to put on make-up because you're going to be on camera. I would give away the million dollars, but I guess he'd still marry me because I have bodacious ta-tas. If you want to use info from my TIP TUESDAY posts, then feel free. It usually comes from The Chicago Manual of Style, but sometimes I use other sources.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to do some of your reposts, Janie!!! Thanks for offering! :D

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the launch!
    I enjoyed the video (especially the thought bubbles...reminded me of a 'voiceless version' of the voice-over guy, I think his name is David Lamb, from the reality show Come Dine With Me)
    Off to check out the site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL We tend to have fun with those thought bubbles!

      Delete
  7. Truthfully, I've learned how to write through anything and in any circumstances. The only thing that would make writing easier for me would be to have a glass (air-conditioned) box on my roof where I could hide from everyone and everything to type away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Crystal? I could use a box like that myself lol

      Delete