Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Confidently Insecure — IWSG (34)


I love summer. I get to be permanently exhausted and happy for a couple of months by doing nothing more than being a mom. So naturally on the kids' first day of school, I cried while popping that wine bottle open to celebrate cope with my freedom loneliness. 

But mainly to celebrate. Now, I'm not being a harsh mom. On that particular day (September 1st), I received a book award for KINETIC. Sort of. In a competition of thousands of entries, I snatched the 5th place (with a couple ties on some prizes) and won the READERS' FAVORITE FINALIST AWARD in the Urban Fantasy category. Say whahhhh? I know!!!! :D (Also, I say "sort of" because it says finalist there, yet my email said I won the "finalist award", so I'm calling it an award based on that. I'm waiting on the rest of the details while I celebrate and, umm, before they take it away lol)






I was planning the demise of at least 3 winners in front of me but decided to let it slide . . . this time. This is just my first book, and I'm grateful and proud of my spot. I guess. Ahem, I mean, I am. Truly. 

It came at the right time. I'd just decided to step away from the series and feeling like a failure and overwhelmed by my lack of time to give it my all. As anyone who writes a series knows, it takes a lot of details to keep it all together, which for me personally is a little more difficult than a stand alone . . . And that's exactly what I'm working on now: a different separate stand alone story to get a break. I'll come back fresh to Chaotic in a few months, hopefully. 

So while I'm feeling a bit down for needing a break on the Luminaries, I feel great for having been recognized with my first book. And to celebrate even more, in a totally unrelated manner, check out my latest video and let me know if you agree that:

Every Story is a Love Story
(bonus point to whoever counts the right number of times I say, "I mean" o_O)





12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award... and sure, it counts! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Katherine. I didn't know you won an award! It must've made your day. I was one of the winners too so we can celebrate together. It must be a big adjustment to have the little ones at school. Hope they love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's awesome you won the award.
    Admit it - that wine was to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your kind-of award! It's absolutely fantastic that it's for your first book, and I'm glad it's motivated you to keep working on that series. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, congrats, it does count. Wahoo! Happy IWSG!
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your sort of award and your freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So yes, it took me almost two weeks to get here to comment. But you know I've been celebrating with you all along . . . both for the award and the kids going back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooo, cheers to your book award! It's not too late to congratulate you, is it? I don't even think I'm fifth place in my mother's heart (and I'm an only child). So show off that award with great pride.

    ReplyDelete